AASSA provides an array of services in support of our member schools. Key among them are the following:
1. A Purchasing Service which provides a cost effective and efficient way for schools to order educational materials and required supplies from vendors in the United States or abroad. AASSA tracks all orders, consolidates the shipment, and arranges for the shipment of goods either through our partner company Ideal Cargo or a shipper specified by the school. Because we place high volume orders with numerous vendor companies, we are able to secure discounts on behalf of our member schools.
2. A Recruiting Fair for our South American and member schools in Central America and the Caribbean. The fair is held annually in Atlanta, Georgia in late November or early December and has the advantages of being the first fair of the recruiting season; a regional fair focusing solely on schools in Latin America and providing personal service to both our candidates and recruiters; and one which boasts not only high attendance by our schools, but a strong placement record for our teacher and administrator candidates.
3. Four main professional development conferences per year: a Business Managers’ Institute in Miami in July, a Governance Conference for Board members and School Heads in Miami in September, and an Annual Educators’ Conferences in South America in April/May. AASSA is also a co-organizer of the Latin American Administrators’ Conference along with AdvancEd and the Tri-Association which takes place in December in Atlanta.
AASSA also holds an annual Global Issues Network Conference (GIN) for students in Grades 7-12.
4. A Payroll Processing Service to facilitate salary payments to staff accounts in U.S. or abroad.
5. AASSAnet: our region's moodle-based site on the world virtual school platform. AASSAnet can save schools money and allows for worldwide linkages as well as the ability to continue to operate in times of emergency.
6. Partnerships with Knowledge Delivery Systems and JK Global which provide reduced costs to schools for virtual professional development and to individual teachers through online coursework and recertification programs.
7. Partnership with K12 which affords member schools a discount on online courses for K-12 students.
8. Grant administration to schools on behalf of the U.S. Department of State and OSAC.
9. Awards to AASSA heads of school for both service and for outstanding contributions to the region as well as an annual award to students through the Margaret Sanders Foundation.
10 An annual Salary and Benefits Survey of our member schools
11. A quarterly Newsletter to keep member schools apprised of matters of concern to schools in the region.
12. The Aprenda Test of Spanish Proficiency which was developed by Pearson to provide normed information on students' proficiency in Spanish compared to students in the U.S., Mexico, Puerto Rico and participating schools in Latin America.
13. Participate in uploading materials to iTunesU through our partnership with ECIS.
14. ISC Research Limited, an AASSA partner, provides our schools with access to their website which allows for the analysis of the international school market worldwide, by region, sub-region, country or city. Users may target an analyse schools by geography, size, curriculum, examinations, association membership, age range, etc..
While AASSA's aim is to cultivate partnerships with organizations which offer high quality services to our membership, we cannot be involved in the negotiation for services or guarantee the results.