AASSA Full Membership
Inherent in a Full Membership is an array of services which are offered at a reduced fee and which result in substantial potential savings for your school.
Criteria for Full AASSA Membership
- be elementary and/or secondary schools
- be led by a Chief Administrative Officer
- have English as the primary language of instruction
- be accredited by an organization recognized/approved by AASSA (U.S. regional accrediting agencies or CIS)
- have governance characteristics similar to those described in U.S. regional accreditation association governance standards
- agree to adhere to the principles, purposes and objectives of AASSA
Benefits of Full Membership
Full Member schools may:
- Utilize AASSA’s purchasing and consolidating service for school supplies for a preferential service charge of only 6.5% of the cost of goods ordered. This service charge is approximately half of that of any other purchasing service available and there are no additional hidden purchasing charges. Because AASSA buys in bulk, we receive goods at a discount from many vendors which are passed along to our membership. We work with Ideal Cargo and they, too, offer highly competitive rates for warehousing (which is free for 30 days) and shipping to AASSA member schools.
- Attend the annual AASSA Recruiting Fair which is held in Atlanta in late November. The registration fee is only $500 per school for the first recruiter and the placement fee is $500 per candidate—the lowest fees charged by far of any recruiting agency. Another advantage of this fair is that it is regional and all candidates aim to work in Latin America.
- Participate in the AASSA's professional development conferences: a Business Managers’ Institute in Miami in July, a Board Governance Conference in Miami in September, and an Educators’ Conference in South America in March/April. Full Members enjoy greatly reduced rates at all conferences.
- Have students participate in the annual GIN (Global Issues Network) conference
- Use the AASSA Payment Processing Service to facilitate salary payments to your staff for $5.00 per transaction. With AASSA’s new banking arrangements, we will also be able to process payment into the accounts of Canadians as well as Americans.
- Enjoy reduced rates on ASCD Online Courses
- Awards to AASSA heads of school for both service and outstanding contributions to the region
- Student awards: the AASSA Global Citizens Award sponsored by TieCare and the Margaret Sanders Scholarship
- AASSA Newsletter and AASSA Blog
- Partipate in the Aprenda Test of Spanish Proficiency.
- Participate in the biennial Salary and Benefits Survey for the region
- Be eligible for election to the AASSA Board of Trustees
- Vote at Association Meetings
Please click here to submit an online
Full AASSA Membership