Welcome New and Returning Candidates!
We look forward to working with you as you pursue a position overseas. Below you will find minimum requirements for registering with our organization, and what most schools are looking for in candidates. Additionally, you should review the wealth of videos about our member schools, and attending a job fair and teaching internationally.
For new candidates, your first step is deciding if you are the right “fit” for working in overseas international schools which typically have the following factors in common:
- Multi-cultural environments
- College prep curriculum programs
- Working in closely knit teams and communities
- English as the main language of instruction
- Bilingual / ELL students and communities
- Faculty participation in after-school activities and numerous school-community events
And, do you have some or all of the following attributes?
- Flexibility in a desired location
- Adaptable to change
- Enjoy opportunities for travel
- Passionate regarding your profession in education
- Enjoy other cultures, food, people, and learning new things daily
- Persevere and remain positive in challenging situations
- Single or married and your spouse is an educator
If the above sounds appealing, fits your personality and working style, and you meet the requirements listed below, you may be a good “fit” for working overseas and should consider completing an application.
Please be sure to review the Application Procedure Overview (listed below) to ensure you are able to complete all of the steps listed and review our Frequently Asked Questions.
Once again, we look forward to working with you as you pursue an exciting and rewarding position overseas.
Requirements for Candidates
In order to be accepted as a candidate, teachers and administrators must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in area of specialization
- Appropriate certification, licensure, eligibility for certification, or lengthy teaching experience
- While many of our schools require at least 2 years of full-time experience, some schools may be willing to offer positions to and mentor new teachers
- Willingness to fulfill an initial 2-year contract generally commencing in August each year
- Candidates with more than one non-working dependent per contracted hire may be at a disadvantage in being hired.
Click here to Create or Update
Online Application Procedure Overview
- Before you start the online application you should have the following information ready to input and/or upload:
- Photo/headshot of yourself
- Contact information for your current assistant principal, principal, or head of school and previous school-based supervisors from former positions. Current contact information is needed to request confidential references from at least 3 supervisors, and recruiters will want to personally contact them.
- Applications are submitted online. Once you have completed your application, you will receive an automatic email informing you that it has been referred to the AASSA staff for review.
- After our review you will receive a final email informing you of one of the following scenarios: 1) Your acceptance to the recruiting service, 2) Items in your file that need adjustment before you can be accepted, or 3) A rejection email if you do not meet the basic requirements to be a candidate.
- If you are accepted as a candidate, there is a non-refundable one-time registration fee of $110 per candidate. The acceptance email will contain information on how to pay the registration fee and reserve a group-rate room at the hotel should you choose to attend the fair.
- Once you are accepted and have paid, you will have full access to the online system and will be able to search for vacancies and obtain information on AASSA schools.
- Starting in late October, specific openings will begin to be posted on our website as they are announced by the schools. Many vacancies are not announced until just prior to the Recruiting Fair.
- Candidates are also strongly advised to attend our annual Recruiting Fair which is held in Atlanta every December. Some candidates that utilize our service are virtual only; however, a good number of recruiters want to meet candidates face-to-face and therefore attending the fair is recommended.
NOTE: AASSA takes all possible protections to prevent hacking of our system and your information. Be forewarned that no system is invulnerable to cyber threats and we cannot bear legal responsibility if our system is breached.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at:
if you have any questions about our recruiting service.
For questions about billing, please contact Terri Williams at: