AASSA provides an array of services in support of our member schools. Key among them are the following and the associated fees:
1. A Purchasing Service which provides a cost effective and efficient way for schools to order educational materials and required supplies from vendors in the United States or abroad. AASSA tracks all orders, consolidates the shipment, and arranges for the shipment of goods either through our partner company Ideal Cargo or a shipper specified by the school. Because we place high volume orders with numerous vendor companies, we are able to secure discounts on behalf of our member schools. (Note: Schools must contract purchasing through AASSA in order to realize discounts at Ideal Cargo).
2. A Recruiting Fair for our South American and member schools in Central America and the Caribbean. The fair is held annually in Atlanta, Georgia in late November or early December and has the advantages of being the first fair of the recruiting season; a regional fair focusing solely on schools in Latin America and providing personal service to both our candidates and recruiters; and one which boasts not only high attendance by our schools, but a strong placement record for our teacher and administrator candidates.
3. Four main professional development conferences per year: a Business Managers’ Institute in Miami in July, a Governance Conference for Board members and School Heads in Miami in September, and an Annual Educators’ Conferences in South America in April/May. AASSA is also a co-organizer of the Latin American Administrators’ Conference along with AdvancEd and the Tri-Association which takes place in December in Atlanta.
4. Sponsorship of professional development institutes and workshops held at member schools that are open to other AASSA schools. Click here for further information and to apply.
5. Payment Processing Service to facilitate payments on behalf of schools to overseas hires.
6. Promotion of Centers of Excellence at schools in the AASSA region for the benefit of sharing cutting-edge programs.
7. Grant administration to schools on behalf of the U.S. Department of State and OSAC.
8. AASSA Awards to heads of school for outstanding contributions to the region and two awards to students: the Margaret Sanders Foundation Scholarship and the AASSA Global Citizen Award.
9. A biennial Salary and Benefits Survey of our member schools
10. A quarterly Newsletter to keep member schools apprised of matters of concern to schools in the region.
11. The Aprenda Test of Spanish Proficiency which was developed by Pearson to provide normed information on students' proficiency in Spanish compared to students in the U.S., Mexico, Puerto Rico and participating schools in Latin America.
12. Schools heads will receive the weekly Marshall Memo from AASSA in an effort to keep abreast of the latest educational research and practices.
13. ISC Research Limited, an AASSA partner, provides our schools with access to their website which allows for the analysis of the international school market worldwide, by region, sub-region, country or city. Users may target an analyse schools by geography, size, curriculum, examinations, association membership, age range, etc..
14. The Consultant Search Service goal is to assist member schools with professional development needs for faculty and/or staff at a reasonable price and provided by practitioners from other schools in the region.
While AASSA's aim is to cultivate partnerships with organizations which offer high quality services to our membership, we cannot be involved in the negotiation for services or guarantee the results.