AASSA Regional Institute & Conference
Information and Application Form
For the Academic Year 2020-2021
AASSA is offering sponsorship funding of up to $3,000 for AASSA Member schools to support the hosting of institutes, conferences or special events promoting best professional practice involving other AASSA member schools during the academic year.
If you are interested in hosting an Institute or Conference, please see the guidelines below and submit an application as instructed.
Guidelines and Responsibilities of the Host School
Apply Now for 2020-2021 Institutes
a. The host school will appoint a coordinator, develop and organize all aspects of the event, contract the presenter(s), and handle the registration of participants and collection of registration fees.
b. The URL link promoting the events and email ads promoting the event will be submitted to the AASSA office at least 3 months in advance for posting on the AASSA website and for promotion of the event to schools throughout the region. If the event is not properly advertised, sponsorship funds will not be granted.
c. AASSA will be listed as a sponsor of the event and our logo will appear in printed or online materials and highlighted at the event.
d. The school will charge a fee to all participants (including host school participants) designed to break even in order to cover the cost of the presenter(s), materials, lunch and breaks.
These professional development events are intended for AASSA member schools. Non-AASSA educators may attend ONLY if there is space available at a pre-determined date prior to the event and they must be charged a higher fee than AASSA participants.
e. The host school will administer an evaluation of the institute designed by AASSA that all participants will be asked to complete prior to leaving the event.
f. After the event, the school will submit the following to the AASSA office:
- letter of agreement with the presenter(s) [see sample form]
- list showing which schools attended and the number of participants from each
- a financial accounting showing the income and expenses for the event
- Final Report Form showing the specific items funded by the grant funds with accompanying receipts. It is recommended the school claims presenters’ expenses
- article and photos for publication in the AASSA Newsletter and on the AASSA Blog about the event
- Manage the selection of events to be sponsored
- Advertise the event on the AASSA website, AASSA Blog and through email blasts created by the host school
- Distribute funds upon submission of required documentation after the event has been held.
Please download the application form and return to Adam Slaton: